Dienstag, 26. Juli 2022

Album of the week: Ozzy Osbourne - Ordinary Man

 Ordinary Man (Ozzy Osbourne album) - Wikipedia

To the idea behind the album of the week, go here.

Just like probably, I've known Ozzy mostly from his early Black Sabbath stuff (which I absolutely adore); from his own project, I know only the odd track or two so I felt like listening to a whole record of his once.

Ordinary Man is a well-produced, solid heavy metal record interspersed with some balladic songs powered by Ozzy's highly idiosyncratic (which I in fact quite like) voice singing at times quite lighthearted and comic, at other times rather elegiac lyrics. There are some songs that get lost in the shuffle, but the good songs of the record are indeed keepers.

Standout tracks: the hymn to personal ambition "Ordinary Man" (featuring Elton Johan) & "Under the Graveyard".

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Dividend Update: April 24