Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2022

Album of the week: 1349 - The Infernal Pathway

1349 - The Infernal Pathway • Review | Metal1.info

To the idea behind the album of the week, go here.   

Following the black metal path that I am on, this week (after missing last week) I tackled an old favourite: 1349. I know their first three records, which I consider to be absolute black metal classics. The 4th one - the experimental (almost) ambient one - I listened to once, but never had a look at it again. This week I'm listening to their most recent record. The ambient influence is still palpable in the rather bland "Tunnel" tracks which serve as an interlude between the heavy tracks. These tracks (at least to my ears) are the typical 1349 chaos, but with a noticeable thrashy influence. I personally like my black metal to be aggressive, but rather bleak and atmospheric and less thrashy and technical (as in "Striding the Chasm" for example), which is why this record to me (though very good!) does not reach the heights of the first three records of 1349. None of the songs reach the heights of "Celestial Deconstruction", "Hellfire", "Internal Winter" or "Satanic Propaganda".

Standout track: "Deeper Still"

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Dividend Update: April 24