Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Dividend Update: July 26

 Holiday Icon | Slate Iconpack | FixIcon

That's 4 in a row. After surpassing 1K to my surprise in April,  I have now a streak of 4 months in a row of collecting more than 1K in dividends, which is stunning. I know this streak is coming to an end in August, but it's a nice little achievement along the way.

Apart from that, there is more good news still: July was my first half of my summer break, which is the one break in the year when you really disconnect from work in such a way that it seems like a strange dream that you ever worked there. Deep down of course, I still consciously know it, but it has drifted so far away from me that it really gives you a strange, but very satisfying feeling.

July was also the month in which I returned for the first time in a year to Germany to see my family & friends. It was awesome to see them again and spend some time with them. Below you'll find a couple of pictures from my family at the beach. 

Being away from Germany/Europe for a year, I forgot how nice long summer evenings are and I really enjoyed the fact that you still have light at 9 or even 10 pm. In total, there were lots of things which I started to appreciate now that I've been away for a year, but there were also things I missed about Ecuador while being in Germany. I guess I feel at home in both places, which is nice.

The summer holidays are also the time of slow mornings and the time for movies & books now that I don't have the pressure of preparing/grading papers. I went to the movies and saw "The Odyssey" with my sister, but came away slightly underwhelmed. Sure, it's bombastic and visually and audibly very impressive, but I somehow lacked an emotional kernel as to why I should care about him finding his way home. I also saw the movie "Arthur the King", whose original background story really takes place in Ecuador, and found it very moving.

At the time of this writing, I am also reading "The shortest history of the United States" by Don Watson, which I picked up at the airport before my flight back to Ecuador and I find a very interesting read. It's succinct, but still covers not only the whole history of the States, but also interesting little details sprinkled in every then and now. And it helps me to fill in some gaps of some parts of American history. 

In the meantime, dividends kept coming in and I collected 1.042,21 € from 23 dividends or funds this month. I have about 3 weeks more of holidays and there are still a couple of small trips & adventures planed to which I am already looking forward to. For now though, you can find the dividends listed below. Enjoy your summer :-)

 

  1. iShares World Equity High Income UCITS ETF: 223,63 €
  2. iShares STOXX Global Select Dividend 100: 188,21 € 
  3. WisdomTree Emerging Markets Equity Income: 103,33 € 
  4. IncomeShares Silver+ Yield Options ETP: 79,04 € 
  5. Global X Euro STOXX 50 Covered Call UCITS: 70,85 € 
  6. IncomeShares Gold+ Yield Options ETP: 63,84 € 
  7. Main Street Capital: 44,13 € 
  8. Agree Realty: 37,56 € 
  9. Realty Income: 35,75 € 
  10. W.P. Carey: 33,63 € 
  11. JPMorgan Nasdaq Equity Premium Income: 30,68 € 
  12. Blackstone Secured Lending Fund: 29,93 € 
  13. Philip Morris: 26,59 € 
  14. Blue Owl Capital: 24,07 € 
  15. Altria Group, Inc.: 15,76 € 
  16. TotalEnergies SE: 11,12 € 
  17. Iron Mountain: 10,31 € 
  18. Automatic Data Processing: 8,87 € 
  19. VICI Properties: 8,67 € 
  20. Vanguard USD Emerging Markets Government Bond: 8,15 € 
  21. Merck & Co., Inc.: 6,32 € 
  22. Coca-Cola: 5,30 € 
  23. JPMorgan Chase & Co.: 4,44 € 
  
    Having a sunset beer late at night
 

At the beach with my nephew 



At the Baltic Sea and hearing seagulls for the first time in a long time

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Dividend Update: May 25

 

Dividend Update: June 25

Dividend Update: August 25