Dienstag, 9. Juli 2024

Album of the week: Bon Jovi - Forever

 Forever - Bon Jovi (Album) | RTL+

Just like Mark Knopfler's last record, I came across this record watching the billboards on my way to work. And just like with Mark Knopfler, I am only somewhat familiar with Bon Jovi: Of course, I know such classics such as "Living On A Prayer", "It's my Life", etc., but I can't say that I have listened to an entire album of him. This changed with his latest release and I have to say, I don't regret having picked up that one.

This is one fine rock album and unlinke Knopfler's rather introspective and mellow record, this one is bursting with energy, radiating freedom, joy (more in the vain of the Rolling Stone's latest record) and at the same gratitude for having made it so far. I read in an interview that Bon Jovi said that it was fun recording this album and this comes across in buckets listening to this album. I like almost every song - there are very few fillers and some tracks are indeed excellent. You have your typical hard rock songs, your sing-along anthems, your power ballads and introspective accoustic songs, resulting in a very varied record. If you want to have a fun time and a smile on your face, give this one a try.

Stand-out tracks: "Living Proof", "Walls of Jericho", "The People's House", "Waves"


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Dividend Update: September 24